Tuesday 10 March 2015

Homemade Granola recipe



I mentioned in my smoothie bowl post (you can read it here) that I hadn’t yet mastered homemade granola… not anymore! I’ve since made this recipe several times and it’s honestly faultless! I’d really recommend making your own granola if you can as shop-bought ones are often filled with lots of sugar and hidden unnecessary ingredients so making it yourself means you know exactly what’s in it! This recipe is super flexible too so feel free to switch the ingredients for whatever you have on hand, any nuts, seeds and dried fruit will do!



Ingredients:
2 cups raw, whole rolled oats 
¼ cup almonds
¼ cup pecans
¼ cup sunflower seeds
¼ cup pumpkin seeds
½ cup unsweetened dried berries
3 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp virgin coconut oil

To make, simply mix everything together (you can melt your coconut oil first if it’s solid or I just mix everything with my hands so the heat from them melts it) and spread out on a lined baking tray. Bake in an oven preheated at 150 °C for around 10 minutes until the oats are slightly golden. This can be kept for around 2 weeks, just store in an airtight container once cooled!


You can eat this however you want; I usually just top it with blueberries and almond milk for breakfast or if I’m feeling fancy I’ll put it with yoghurt and whatever fresh fruit we have in the house with some rice syrup (or honey if you prefer!).


Let me know what you like to have your granola with down below! Thanks for reading!

Poppy x

No comments:

Post a Comment